Promoting events is hard work. It takes a lot of effort to get the word out and drum up registrations. Luckily, there are many ways to utilize online tools to help boost interest in your events. Here are 7 elements of successful online event promotion.
1. Online registration. It may seem like a no-brainer but there are still events that require paper, phone, or email registrations. Your attendees must be able to register and pay online quickly and easily.
2. Event landing page. This landing page should be accessible through a short link like “www.domain.com/eventname”. This way you have a single URL that you can use everywhere to drive traffic. This landing page is where all promotional activities should point.
3. Social widgets on the event landing page. This makes it easy for others to share your event with their networks. Make it easy for your website visitors to spread the word!
4. Scheduled tweets. Use HootSuite or SproutSocial to set up a schedule of tweets that link to your event landing page. Spread out the updates so that they post at different times of the day for maximum exposure. Schedule tweets closer together as they get close to the event to capture those last-minute registrations.
5. Utilize Facebook and LinkedIn events. These two networks let you promote events and share them very easily with others. Create events on Facebook and LinkedIn and then link back to your event landing page on your website for registration.
6. Use clear and specific landing page content. Your event landing page should be very specific and give all relevant details about the event, including date, time, location (full address), and most importantly should have a very clear description of the event.
7. Post promotional videos to YouTube. Get your speakers, sponsors, and other key people to give you 30-second video promos about the event and post them on YouTube. In the description, link back to your event landing page.
Once you have these things in place, you have a framework and a foundation so that you can use other creative means to drive people to your event landing page. All activities should drive traffic to your event landing page. When you’re on the phone telling people about it, you can use the short URL to tell people where to go. Postcards and mailers can use it. Everything points to your landing page.
There are a lot more things you can do to promote your events both online and offline, but this is a good framework to get you started. Promoting your event is not easy, but with a little planning and smart use of online tools, you can maximize your potential for great attendance.
For More Marketing Advice – https://evvnt.com/blog/category/event-marketing/